Saturday 29 December 2012

A Scanner? Huh?

My name is Colleen, and I'm a scanner. If you've ever read Refuse To Choose by Barbara Sher (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Refuse-Choose-Revolutionary-Program-Everything/dp/1594863032) you'll know what I'm talking about, but if not, the potted version is as follows: scanners like to do everything. We have a million and one interests, the slightest mention of something can lead us off on a tangent.
It's wonderful, but comes with problems... I often find myself frozen into inaction because I have too much choice. People seem to think I'm lazy, but in reality I just find it hard to choose which direction to go in when I'm being pulled in so many different ones all at once. As a result....my house is a tip, though I dream about owning a beautifully decorated home. My garden is perpetually half finished even though I love flowers, my allotment remains untouched and I've a dozen half finished projects and businesses in their infancy awaiting my attention every time I look upstairs.
I'm hoping this blog can be something of a mobile scanner daybook; I do have a hard bound sketchbook for all of my big plans, but that's as disorganised as the rest of my life. I like the impermanent nature of a blog, the ease of moving things around and the ability to use it anywhere I can carry my iPad. Maybe I can shame myself into looking after my house, my body and my life better too!

No comments:

Post a Comment